It is known that acidity or heartache does not save anyone from their claws. Most adults suffer from it at some point in their lives. Acidity is formed when there is an overproduction of acid in the stomach. The main cause is stomach ulcers, bad breath, stomach pain, nausea etc. It leaves a taste behind your mouth and leaves a sharp sensation between your ribs that radiates your heart; that’s why it’s also called heartburn.
Many people admitted that they succumbed to acidity and made their lives worse. They claimed to have tried all types of medications that provide quick relief from gas and acidity but without any use. What they don’t understand is that, regardless of many products that are known to give quick relief from acidity, it is extremely important to make a few changes to your lifestyle in order to eliminate this forever.
As the saying goes, “Charity starts at home”, the treatment for acidity begins from your kitchen and herb garden.
How do you ask? Here are a few ways and ingredients that will help you remove acidity from your life.
1. Water: Due to its neutral pH Balance, ambrosia is water that helps you neutralize the pH balance in your stomach. It reduces the level of acid in the stomach and protects the lining of the stomach from damage; therefore leading to ulcers and acidity. It is advisable to drink a glass of lukewarm water before bedtime and after waking up in the morning. Do not drink water during meals.
2. Holy Basil Leaves: Wash a few leaves of Holy Basil as soon as you feel a sharp sensation beneath your sternum or get a sour / bitter taste in your mouth. This is a way for the body to react to acidic rounds. Holy Basil or ‘Tulsi’ has many medicinal qualities and one of them is fighting acidity.
3. Cinnamon: Take cinnamon powder and boil it in some water. Simmer for a minute and strain. It will start to look like tea drinks. Have that without adding anything and you will notice a change. It works as a natural antacid and also helps treat flatulence.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: although acidic in nature, Apple Cider Vinegar has an alkaline effect on the lining of the stomach. Have two teaspoons of this with a cup of water twice a day.
5. Butterfly: Also known as ‘Chaach’; a glass buttermilk with a teaspoon of roasted cumin powder mixed with roasted fenugreek seed powder and coriander paste will give you relief as well as its regular elimination will erase the acidity problem from your life.
Acidity is a serious lifestyle problem among most of us. It is very crucial to be careful in its management. It is important to make the above tips a part of your life and you will be freed from good acidity chains.