The German Premier League or Bundesliga has many high profile football clubs competing for the title. There is no doubt that Bayern Munich have been enjoying their monopoly in the Bundesliga for the past few seasons. It is one of the most popular international football clubs. Needless to say, Bayern’s growing popularity has prompted fans around the globe to gather some important pieces of information and facts about the club. Here are a few Bayern Munich Facts fans are less likely to like losing.
· The full name of the club is FC Bayern Munchen AG. It was founded in 1900. This means that the club is a 100 year old entity. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious clubs in Europe.
· Franz Beckenbauer, one of the best footballers in the world, once chaired the club. The football legend went on to become an advisor to this club. His work has greatly helped the club gain a jealous position that he still enjoys.
· FC Bayern Munich are the most dominant Bundesliga team to date and have won the title more than 20 times so far. Not only was the club very popular in the German League but it has made a significant name for itself internationally.
Allianz Arena is the club’s home ground and can host around 70,000 football lovers. Needless to say, the club gets the warmest reception on their home turf and has won some memorable games there.
· The first ever title won by this club was in 1909 in the Bavaria Championship and since then they have never looked back.
· Bayern Munich Gymnastics Club first started.
· The club lifted their first ever European Championship cup by beating Atletico Madrid 4-0 and defending their title for three years in a row. The team also has similar credits for defending their “Champion” status in other leagues.
· The club is run like a standard company, with 90% of its shares owned by the club and 10% left by Adidas. BM is one of the most lucrative international football clubs.
· It is one of the few clubs to have won the European cup, the UEFA Cup and the Cup Winners’ Cup.
· Oliver Kahn set a record for keeping clean sheets the maximum number of hours in 2001-2002. BM goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has broken the record by keeping 20 clean sheets. Players from this club have been nominated for the Ballon D’Or 15 times so far and have won it 5 times.
· With the 2014-2015 Bundesliga season Bayern won the Championship title for the fourth year in a row.
· Seven Bayern players played for Germany in the FIFA World Cup hosted by Brazil. Germany had a great run during the campaign and won the World Cup for the fifth time.
· FC Bayern Munich have reached the DFB Cup semi-finals eight straight times.
Golden Goals aims to capture data about the most famous clubs in Europe to increase the knowledge of its fans. Keep reading the website and its blog for updates on football news.