UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes has spoken out about being forced to withdraw from UFC 265.
Nunes was scheduled to risk his 135-pound gold against Julianna Pena. The fight would have served as a co-main event for UFC 265 on August 7. That is no longer the case as Nunes has tested positive for COVID-19.
“The Lioness” had the next thing to say about not being able to compete at UFC 265.
“We were more than ready for this fight, unfortunately shit happens. Stay tuned for a new date. “
It’s a difficult break for Nunes, but perhaps more so for Pena. “The Venezuelan Vixen” had been adamant about getting a title shot. He had to have his chance, but he will have to wait.
Nunes has been unstoppable throughout her career as the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion. Along the way, he even picked up the 145-pound gold. Nunes hasn’t lost a fight since 2014.
As for Pena, she believes she has the recipe for success against Nunes. Pena was last seen in action in January. She subjected Sara McMann via naked butt choking in the third round. Pena has described herself as the kryptonite of Nunes. Time will tell when you will have a chance to prove it.
Here’s a look at the updated UFC 265 card.
- Interim Heavyweight Title Fight: Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Gane
- José Aldo vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Michael Chiesa vs. Vicente Luque
- Casey Kenney vs. Song Yadong
- Angela Hill vs. Tecia Torres
- Rafael Fiziev vs. Bobby Green
- Ed Herman vs. Alonzo Menifeld
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne
- Anderson dos Santos vs. Miles Johns
- Manel Kape vs. Ode Osbourne
- Melissa Gatto vs. Victoria Leonardo
- Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodríguez
- Johnny Muñoz vs. Jamey Simmons
Thank you for visiting MMANews.com, a leading source for MMA News since 2002. Stay up-to-date by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Google News.