Anderson Silva rules out Vitor Belfort rematch in boxing, pokes fun at Tito Ortiz’s conspiracy theory posts
Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort will be competing in one night for the first time since their historic clash in 2011, and Spider doesn’t seem interested in facing Fenom again.
Silva, who stopped Belfort with a front kick in the first round of his highly anticipated middleweight title fight at UFC 126 in Las Vegas, is set to face Tito Ortiz in a boxing match Saturday night in Florida. Belfort reads the Triller Fight Club Legends 2 card across from Evander Holyfield.
Speech on the debut of the first MMA Fighting podcast in Portuguese Trocação FrancaSilva explained why it makes no sense to give his compatriot a rematch.
“It would be cool to have a fight between Vitor and Wanderlei Silva,” Silva said of the idea of ordering him for the next match against Belfort. “This fight will be spectacular. Everyone wants to see this fight.
“My opinion on the fight with Vitor, dude, what could be more spectacular than the knockout that I inflicted on Vitor? Only if we enter the ring and I blow on him and he falls. Otherwise, nothing could be cooler. Forget it, man. People should forget about it. It’s over. “
Silva jokingly says there is one thing Belfort can do to convince him to agree to a rematch after Saturday’s tournament.
“If he doesn’t tattoo ‘Spider Kick’ on his chest and write ‘I love Anderson Silva’ right below it, this could happen,” Silva said with a laugh. “He has to get a tattoo before the fight. It should be on his chest, beautifully done, very large so that everyone can see the blow. There is no other way out. ”
Silva remains focused on his upcoming boxing match with former UFC light heavyweight champion Ortiz, the first since outbidding former world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in Mexico earlier this year.
The Spider respects Ortiz’s abilities, although he was never known for his boxing skills in MMA, but doesn’t really respect his social media presence and constant posts hinting that COVID-19 is a hoax among other conspiracy theories.
“Dude, I don’t need the drugs he uses,” Silva laughed. “This is difficult … I’m kidding. Brother, there are things that you should take as a joke, there is no other way out. I think to each his own.
Four months after he said he “definitely wasn’t” fighting in MMA anymore, Silva opened that door again. Spider lost to Juraja Hall in his last UFC fight in 2020, before moving into boxing earlier this year to defeat Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Before that match in Mexico, Silva said he was not interested in returning to MMA due to the lack of respect the sport has for the “old generation.” Now he’s ready to compete again with 4 oz gloves.
“I didn’t quit MMA,” Silva said. “There are many possibilities.”
The Brazilian legend made the UFC home between 2006 and 2020, defeating the likes of Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Chael Sonnen (twice) and Rich Franklin (twice), but was fired from the UFC after losing in tournament. eight of his last nine fights.
Several promotions have said they would not be interested in signing Spider immediately after his UFC entry, but his shares rose again after his masterful performance in the boxing ring.
Silva, 46, has also expressed interest in a boxing match with fellow MMA legend Georges Saint-Pierre and has no plans to slow down in the next few years.
“Anything is possible,” he said. “Until 49. My last fight will be at 49.”
Watch the first episode of the Brazilian MMA Fighting podcast Trocação Franca… Anderson Silva’s interview starts at 32:47.