MMA Root

Chris Brown Stops Steven Jones in LFA 121 Main Event – MMA Root

Chris Brown Stops Steven Jones in LFA 121 Main Event

Chris Brown turned a rather indifferent fight into an explosive blink of an eye as he finished Steven Jones in third with a barrage of punches. The two men clashed in a 174-pound bout at the main LFA 121 event Friday night inside The Factory at Deep Ellum in Dallas, Texas, but it was Brown who raised his hand when the dust settled.

Brown (8-3) had a hard time clearing any of his kicks or punches early, as he used a tactical approach against his opponent. Jones (8-3) was looking to get the fight on the canvas throughout, but it was Brown’s strength that paved the way to victory. A left hook on the forehead early in the third swayed Jones’s legs and when he tripped on the canvas, Brown rushed. Brown unleashed an endless storm of elbows and punches from above, and when Jones struggled to survive, referee Aaron Menard had no choice but to pull Brown, finishing the game in just 64 seconds and three seconds.

Elijah Johns dominated the co-main event as he wore Brandon Phillips in three laps in a 151kg catchweight fight. Jones (8-2) recorded multiple rejections and controlled the pace of the match throughout the match, pulverizing Phillips (8-5) during the match. Phillips tried to keep the fight on his feet and deliver his powerful blows, but Johns, who lost weight on Thursday, used his superior wrestling to reverse it. Jones easily won 30-27 (twice) and 30-26 to win the unanimous nod.

Michael Cyr was a fairly big underdog who entered his competition with the other undefeated prospect of bantamweight Alden Coria and emerged victorious through spectacular submission. After a hit-and-run in the first two rounds that was largely on foot, Cyr made the break in the third and was relentless with his submission game. “The Mullet” lost a guillotine and then, after a showdown, locked Coria (5-1) in a twist. After failing to sink the rare submarine, Cyr attempted to choke with a bare back while still turning the swivel. Coria escaped the attacks, but when he rolled on his stomach, Sir (4-0) immediately plunged into a textbook naked drowning and forced his enemy to surrender. The end officially came at 3:20 of the third frame.

After an absence of more than two years, heavyweight Isaiah Gutierrez overcame an early storm to put Keeton Gorton in second. Gorton threw Gutierrez with a right hook in the jaw in the first and dominated his opponent in the starting lineup, but the Texan changed the tide in the next turn. Gutierrez (7-1) went right after Gorton (6-6) and lowered him, and when Gorton got up again, Gutierrez locked in a guillotine and pressed the tap, ending the fracas at 1:28 of the second. .

Glory Kickboxing veteran Anvar Boynazarov (3-0) barely sweated when he hit his featherweight teammate John Pham in just 21 seconds. Boynazarov shook Pham (4-2) with his knee in the face and then immediately punched him, hitting him coldly in the cage as referee Menard rushed to stop him.

Former LSU footballer Jakori Savage stood up to his name in his pro MMA debut with an amazing first-round victory over Moustapha Senghor. Savage shook his opponent with his elbows on his feet and when he finished over Senghor (2-1) late in the first after a fierce fight, he unloaded a bunch of blows until referee Birchie Stillwagoner had no choice but to intervene. The end came at 3:53 of the first, giving the 2019 National Champion the TKO victory.