Top 15 welterweight contenders Jeff Neal and Santiago Ponzinibbio face off in a thrilling welterweight bout.
Neil is expected to face UFC veteran Ponzinibbio welterweight for a challenging UFC 269 card, titled December 11 Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier. Both sides reportedly came to an agreement. ESPN Brett Okamoto. The venue and venue have yet to be confirmed; however, it is likely that the event will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Neil (13-4) is losing twice in a row to Steven Thompson and Neil Magny in 2020 and 2021 respectively, as the American will desperately bounce back with a win to maintain his top 10 status. Department.
Prior to these two defeats, Neil had a meteoric seven-win streak and unbeaten in the UFC, beating the likes of Belal Mohammed, Nico Price and Mike Perry. His last win was two years ago, in 2019. Neil is currently ranked 10th in the division and will aim to return to the win column and be seen as the serious title contender he once aspired to.
The 12th-place welterweight contender, Santiago Ponzinibbio (28-4), last fought for the title of best contender of the year against the much-publicized prospect of Miguel Baeza. The fight took place without interruption, in which Ponzinibbio was able to win a stubborn victory by unanimous decision. The Argentine Dagger will strive to continue its victorious impulse and hopefully regain its place in the top 10.
With the latest addition, UFC 269’s current roster includes:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier
- Amanda Nunez vs. Julianna Pena
- Leon Edwards vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Jeff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Dominic Cruz vs. Pedro Munchoz
- Sean O’Malley vs. Raulian Paiva
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelly
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Kai Cara-France
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Gillian Robertson
- Macy Barber vs. opponent, to be confirmed
- Drikus Du Plessis vs. Andre Muniz
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
Who do you see as the winner in this thrilling fight between two of the world’s top welterweight strikers?