LFA 121 weigh-in results: Two fighters miss weight
LFA 121 Weighing Results: Two fighters lose weight
On Thursday, January 13, the LFA hosted the weigh-in for LFA 121: Brown vs. Jones from The Hotel Saint Elm in Dallas, Texas.
The main event will include a welterweight bout between top prospects Chris “Breezy the Future” Brown (7-3) and Steve “The Average” Jones (8-2).
LFA 121 will take place inside The Factory at Deep Ellum in Dallas, Texas. The main card will be available tomorrow night LIVE at the UFC FIGHT PASS® at 9 p.m. ET.
LFA officials enforced strict health codes, safeguards and coronavirus (COVID-19) testing codes throughout the week. According to these guidelines, every athlete competing in LFA 121 has been approved for the race.
Every fighter, except Chris Brown and Elijah Johns, lifted their weight when they climbed the scales. Brown and Jones will now lose some of their wallets to rivals Steve Jones and Brandon Phillips respectively. The LFA 121 will advance with eight fights, which include the welterweight bout at the top of the sheet.
The initial main event between Aaron McKenzie and Joshua Jones, which was light (5 155), was scratched during race week. This happened when Jones informed the promotion that he could not make the 155 pound limit and that a catchweight fight could not be agreed between the two fighters.
Conor McGregor’s pub became a Molotov cocktail in Ireland
LFA 121 WEIGHT RESULTS:
Main card (Available worldwide at the UFC Fight Pass):
- Main event Heavyweight War (170 lbs) Chris Brown (174) *** vs. Steve Jones (169.8)*** The fight will continue and Brown will pay a penalty to Jones.
- Co-Main Event | Stone fight (145 lb) Elijah Johns (150.4) *** vs. Brandon Phillips (146)*** The fight will continue and Jones will pay a penalty to Phillips.
- Badamwich (135 lbs) Alden Correa (135.4) vs. Michael Sear (135.6)
- Badamwich (135 lb) Isaiah Gutierrez (135.8) vs. Keeton Gorton (135.4)
- Petrouvar fight (145 lb) John Pham (145.2) vs. Anvar Boynazarov (142.4)
- Heavyweight (265 lbs) Mustafa Segor (229.2) vs. Jakori Savage (261.4)
- Medium fight (185 lb) Zumarr Archer (185.2) vs. Akeem Lewis (184.6)
- Welterweight (170 lb) Caleb Jensen (171) vs. Harrison Layne (169)