MMA Root

McGregor Says Poirier Trilogy Is Off After War of Words About Donation – MMA Root



Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier have engaged in an all-out war of words that has reached a level that may have called off their UFC 264 fight.

Yesterday, Dustin Poirier issued a response to Conor McGregor’s fourth round KO prediction, for the most part only criticizing him for breaching his agreement to donate to The Good Fight Foundation. Before UFC 257, McGregor stated that he would donate to the foundation, but according to Poirier, McGregor and his team were not available after the event. Not long after Poirier’s tweet to this effect, McGregor addressed the accusation on Twitter.

“A donation, not a debt. We have been waiting for plans for the money that never came. I do it with all my donations. Know where you are going point by point. Otherwise, he is walking. As is the case with many of these foundations, unfortunately. You took the McG on your belt shows he was right. “

One interpretation of the comments above is that McGregor is accusing Poirier of being driven by money, as evident by choosing to fight him rather than for the title. Therefore, McGregor believes that this character reveal shows that he was correct in wanting the use of his donation money to be proactively audited to ensure there is no misappropriation of funds. Poirier was quick to respond to the tweet above.

“100% never a debt. You offered, we accepted, and as I said, your Team never responded to our emails about the process of where the funds would be put! On July 10 you will savor defeat again “

McGregor would then proceed to go to the scorched earth at Poirier, including starting a match and allegedly burning plans for a trilogy fight against Poirier at UFC 264.

“My team does their due diligence to make sure every donation is brand-compliant. My generosity is known. You will pay with your brain for this attempt to stain my name. Shooting ass bombing ass bitch. Bitch kicks from a shell. Good luck when you get caught. You’re screwed “.

“It’s the Mardi Gras bitches, get your boobs out,” McGregor declared.

You’re ripped, inbred hillbilly. Why are you winking with your ears? Damn brain-dead hillbilly. 500k without any established plan. Hang tight. Cheat. You must be new to the world of money. The fight is over by the way. I’m going to fight someone else on the 10th. Good luck with your old hired son. “

So far, Poirier’s only response to McGregor’s spiel was a simple “OK” along with a video showing him delivering the final blow to McGregor at UFC 257:

As for the cancellation of the fight, this could be a case where eventually a cool head prevails and nothing changes. However, in theory, it’s possible that McGregor is pulling out of the trilogy fight. According to the most recent reports, Poirier signed his contract and McGregor had also fully committed to the July 10 date. However, the fight was never officially announced by the UFC, nor has McGregor been reported to have signed the contract.

You’ll definitely want to keep it locked to MMANews.com for this one as this is a developing story that could have a lot of twists and turns before you can blink.

What do you think of this exchange between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier?

Add comment