Bellator 257 results: Vadim Nemkov retains light heavyweight title with victory over Phil Davis
Bellator light heavyweight champion Vadim Nemkov won the light heavyweight quarterfinals and successfully defended his title by defeating No. 3rd place Phil Davis.
The vast majority of the match was a stand-up battle, where Nemkov decisively defeated his opponent 145-63, whom Nemkov defeated in his first match in 2018 with a split decision in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Not only was Nemkov’s massive impressive production evident, but he also occasionally captured Davis, a former NCAA Division 1 American wrestler. This came as a surprise, as the oldest wrestler had previously claimed that he would use wrestling in his gameplan.
Nemkov’s preparation also looked great, something the fans could not fully appreciate, as this match was the first time the 28-year-old champion had taken five laps in his career.
Nemkov’s victory over Davis pushed him to the light heavyweight semifinals, where he will take on the winner of Yoel Romero and Anthony Johnson.
Bellator 257 results: Corey Anderson TKOs Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov in light heavyweight quarterfinals
3rd lightweight heavyweight Corey Anderson advanced to the semifinals of his light heavyweight grand prix at the key event Bellator 257 with a ground and pound TKO victory in the third round over Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov.
Yagshimuradov seemed to be a formidable opponent in the first, throwing strong punches that Anderson respected. Perhaps Yagshimuradov’s highlight of the match was a kick back heel towards the end of the first, breaking Anderson’s guard and the link. Anderson showed after the match that he lost his balance slightly.
The second and third rounds were much more prosperous for “Overtime”, as it secured an abolition and used ground and pounds towards the end of the round and returned to the well in the third with great success.
With TKO’s victory over Yagshimuradov, Anderson advanced to the semifinals of his light heavyweight Grand Prix, where he will take on former champion and current heavyweight champion Ryan Bader.
TRENDS> Jake Paul and Ben Asseren’s Triller Boxing Salaries Revealed
Bellator Results 257
Main Bellator card 257
- Vadim Nemkov defeated Phil Davis by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)
- Kory Anderson beats Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 2:15
- Veta Arteaga wins Desiree Yanez by majority decision (28-28, 29-27, 29-27)
- Paul Daley beats Sabah Homasi via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:44
Preliminary Bellator Card 257
- Julia Bond d. Dayana Silva with split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Julius Anglickas wins Gregory Milliard by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Steve Mowry beats Shaun Asher via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:55
- Grach Bozinyan d. Demarques Jackson by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Raymond Daniels beats Peter Stanonik by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-26)
- Lance Gibson Jr. Marcus Surin by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Karl Albrektsson defeated Viktor Nemkov by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mads Burnell beats Saul Rodgers by submission (back naked drowning) – Round 2, 4:08
- Jay-Jay Wilson beats Pedro Carvalho via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:53