Vadim Nemkov wins by submission, meets Corey Anderson in Grand Prix finals
The Bellator MMA cages were located in Phoenix, Arizona. Saturday for the Bellator 268 with a light heavyweight bout between champion Vadim Nemkov and Julius Anglickas. It was not just the belt on the line, but the fight was a semifinal at the Bellator Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix.
Nemkov and Anglickas lost some time before exchanging strikes. Nemkov connected with a hard right hand early in the first frame, but fell from Anglicas. Another right hand is tied for Angliickas who forces Nemkov to change levels and take the fight to the ground.
As soon as the two of them got up again, Nemkov was more measured with his exchanges. He landed and got out of his pocket and completed the round loudly.
Nemkoff used his hand speed and jab to keep Anglicas out of balance in the second round. He secured a removal and softened Anglickas with his fists and elbows. In the last minute of the frame, Nemkov hit Anglickas with fists and elbows almost ending the match.
Nemkov quickly put Anglickas on the ground in the third round and continued from where he left off at the end of the second. He tried to submit, but Anglicas defended the effort of the arm and won the top position, but only for a while. Nemkov got up quickly and put Anglica back on the ground. The round ended with Nemkov working to finish an arm.
Nemkov showed a clear advantage over Anglica on the ground and continued to take the fight there. At the beginning of the fourth round, Anglickas was found on his back. Nemkov jumped to the side control and trapped one hand. From there he left with fists and elbows. Nemkov worked to finish with a series of submission attempts and a chalk was finally finished.
“I was caught, but I did not fall. I just fell. “The reason I was more concerned is because he has a hard head,” Nemkov said after the victory. “I hit him with some good shots and realized it was not going to happen, so I decided to go with submissions.”
Another Bellator Light Heavyweight Grand Prix semifinal was held at the co-main event between current heavyweight champion Ryan Bader and Corey Anderson.
Anderson simply shocked Bader on his way to a quick finish. He pushed Bader from the beginning and threw Bader with his right hand. Anderson followed Bader to the ground looking for the goal. Binder covered up and tried to move to avoid the shots, but Anderson did not let him. Bader was forced to roll on his stomach and Anderson finished with a series of punches.
“I have been arguing with him. I knew he had a good jab. He leans into his jab. It does not press. It tilts, so we worked on a combination. We had two combinations. One was to confront the overhand and one was to pierce. The overhand landed and the other three punches did not have to land and I knew it was over. He did not get up “, said Anderson after the victory and secured his place in the Grand Prix finals.
Anderson will face champion Vadim Nemkov in the Grand Prix light heavyweight finals with the Grand Prix and the category title on the line.
UFC Vegas 40 results: Norma Dumont defeats Aspen Land in unilateral decision
Full Bellator 268 results:
- Vadim Nemkov with victory Julius Anglickus with submission (kimura) at 4:25, R4
- Corey Anderson defeats Ryan Bader from TKO (punches) at 0:51, R1
- Brent Primus winner Benson Henderson by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Henry Corrales with victory Vladyslav Parubchenko with unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Karl Albrektsson – winner Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Muhammad Berhamov defeated Jaleel Willis by submission (guillotine drowning) at 4:05, R1
- Nick Brown defeats Bobby Lee with submission (heel hook) at 1:38, R1
- Javier Torres with Gregory Milliard victory by separate decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sumiko Inaba def. Randi Field with submission (arm-triangle drowning) at 2:02, R2
- Lance Gibson Jr. Raymond Pina from TKO (hits) at 1:44, R2
- Ceylon Bates defeated Raphael Montini by submission (arm) at 3:49, R1
- Sullivan Cauley – winner Deon Clash by TKO (hits) at 4:59, R1
- Maria Henderson wins Collette Santiago with submission (rear chuck) at 0:40, R1