Results Bellator 261: Valentin Moldavsky occupies the interim title, Liz Carmouche steamrolls Kana Watanabe
The Bellator MMA was crowned its first interim heavyweight champion on Friday when Valentin Moldavsky defeated Timothy Johnson in the main event of the Bellator 261.
After a competitive first round, Moldavski got the best of the exchanges at the end of the second trend. Moldavsky was the most active fighter, taking the fight with Johnson. The two took part in intense exchanges, but Moldavski clearly won the match. He was ugly Johnson, releasing his combinations is a higher rate and connects more.
Johnson desperately tried to lure Moldavski into a slugfest knowing he needed an end to the final round. Moldavski remained ready, taking his shots and avoiding Johnson’s heavy shots. At the end of the five rounds of fighting, the judges marked the fight for Moldavski with a unanimous decision, winning all five rounds.
At the co-main event, Liz Carmouche does a quick job at Kana Watanabe. The former UFC challenger took just 35 seconds to clear Watanabe third.
PFL 6 results: Kayla Harrison scores the first round submission in the regular season closer
Bellator 261 Results:
- Valentin Moldavsky (11-1) defeated Timothy Johnson (15-7) by unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 49-46)
- Liz Carmouche (16-7) defeated Kana Watanabe (10-1-1) via KO (punches) at: 35 of the first round
- Sidney Outlaw (16-4) defeated Myles Jury (19-6) by submission (back-naked chuck) at 4:44 in the third round
- Daniel Weichel (42-12) defeated Keoni Diggs (9-1) by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Christian Edwards (5-0) defeated Simon Biyong (7-2) by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Soren Buck (15-1) defeated Bobby Lee (7-2) by unanimous decision (30-26, 29-27, 29-27)
- Corey Samuels (3-2) defeated Isaiah Hawkit (0-1) by knockout (punches) at: 10 of the first round
- Ceylon Bates (3-0) defeated Cody Matthews (1-2) through submission (arms) at 4:04 of the second round
- Taylor Johnson (7-2) defeated Lance Wright (5-2) by submission (back-naked drowning) at 2:58 of the round
- John de Jesus (14-9) defeated John Macapa (23-6-2) by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)