Xiong Jing Nan cruises past Ayaka Miura at ONE: ‘Heavy Hitters’
Xiong Jing Nan cruises over Ayaka Miura on ONE: “Heavy Hitters”
(James Goyder is the owner / author of AsianMMA.com)
Xiong Jing Nan switched from Ayaka Miura to ONE: “Heavy Hitters” in Singapore tonight. The Japanese challenger spent five rounds trying and failing to bring down the Chinese champion.
At the beginning of the race, Miura looked to catch Xiong’s kicks and had some success, but was unable to complete a takedown. It would prove to be the story of the fight with the challenger constantly trying to put the champion on her back.
He bent down under a fist and shot for a double leg early in the second, but Xiong scattered. Miura seemed close to taking the shot, but the Chinese fighter grabbed the fence and received a warning from the referee.
In the third, Xiong landed on his knee as Miura shot inside. After another removal attempt, the champion landed with a steady kick to the body during the break.
The fourth started with Miura looking for a single leg and Xiong reaching out and landing on her knee in the middle of her opponent. This pattern continued for the rest of the battle with the Japanese fighter unable to complete his rejections or land any effective attack on the striking exchanges.
The victory of the decision for Xiong leads it to 17-2 while the Miura reduces to 11-4. Having clarified the straw category, she seems ready to drop in atomic weight and challenge for a second title.
Earlier in the night, Saygid Izagakhmaev (20-2) started his career in the ONE Championship in the best possible way. Finished James Nakasima (12-3) with a choke of the second round D’Ars.
Meanwhile, Tiffany Teo (10-2) consolidated her position as the # 1 athlete in the weightlifting category. Singapore has a 100% record in titles without a title, which it maintained by submitting Meng Bo (18-6) with a second round back naked chuck.
Shuya Kamikubo (12-1-1) maintained his 100% winning record in the ONE Championship cage. He put himself in pole position for the next shot in the bantamweight belt by submitting Troy Worthen (7-3) late in the final round.
Conor McGregor’s pub became a Molotov cocktail in Ireland
ONE: Heavy Hitters, Singapore, January 14thου
- Xiong Jing Nan defended Ayaka Miura by decision (unanimous)
- Muay Thai: Tawanchai PKSaenchaigym def. Saemapetch Fairtex by TKO (Punches) at 2:55 of the 1st round
- Saygid Izagakhmaev def. James Nakashima via Submission (D’Arce Choke) at 2:17 of Round 2
- Muay Thai: Supergirl Jaroonsak def. Ekaterina Vandaryeva by decision (Division)
- Senzo Ikeda or. Elipitua Siregar via KO (Punch) at 2:00 of Round 3
- Kickboxing: Giannis Stoforidis def. Beybulat Isaev via KO (Punch) at 0:31 of Round 1
- Tiffany Theo or. Meng Bo by submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 3:45 of Round 2
- Sougia Kamikumbo or. Troy Worthen via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:36 of Round 3